The SA Language Academy is a school that strives for excellence in everything we do. Our goal is for each student to have a life changing experience in South Africa, learning English in a relaxed and beneficial way, meeting friendly people who want to build lasting relationships with everyone, while being surrounded by the beauty that is Cape Town.
We do this by ensuring that every area of your stay has been carefully planned so you can make the most of your time with us, whether it is for just a few weeks or even a few years. SALA is one of the first truly South African language centers in the country. Our Service includes:
English tuition in Small Groups or Individually:
This means our teachers are able to focus on the needs of each student as personal interaction is vital and maximum time is given to each student to practice the spoken language.
Unique Business English programmes:
SALA offers a number of different programmes written to train foreign business people to communicate effectively in their business dealings in the medium of English. [See Business English]
A variety of Social programmes:
Most of our students come to Cape Town to do language studies and also to experience our diverse culture and beautiful country. At SALA, nobody leaves disappointed. Our social programmes give us the opportunity to show off everything about our country.
- SALA undertakes to teach English (i.e. Grammar, Vocabulary and Pronunciation) to a student for an agreed period of time.
- Classes are held at our premises in Kenilworth, from Monday to Friday, except on Public Holidays.
- Payment must be made at least one month in advance, and prior to the commencement of the course.
- Failure to attend classes, at the agreed times, without prior arrangements, will result in classes being forfeited.
- No refunds will be given, but classes may be postponed in extenuating circumstances, and at the discretion of the Managing Director.
- Students must sign-up for a minimum period of two weeks.
Our staff consists of a group of vibrant teachers and other support staff who enjoy teaching, meeting new people and going the extra mile to assist each student. They have all been specially trained to teach English to foreign language speakers. They are all native English speakers, and mainly, come from South Africa, with a small number from other countries. They all have international teaching experience. Our teachers are friendly and approachable, and are committed to making your experience the best it could possibly be. Our teachers plan their lessons to focus on the needs and interests of all our students.